Lorenzo Rossi
Lorenzo Rossi  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 08:12
German to Italian
+ ...
Dec 2, 2022

Dear ladies and gentlemen

I have to generate a X-bench file for a translation done in Trados. I never did it before. How should I proceed?
I use Trados 2017 and 2019.

Thank you.

Lorenzo

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:12
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Lorenzo Dec 2, 2022

In Xbench, go Project > New. Then make sure the "Files" tab is open in the dialog (it should be), and drag-and-drop the SDLXLIFF file into it. Xbench will ask you to confirm the file type ("Trados Studio File"), so just click OK and OK again. Then, in Xbench, go Tools > Check Ongoing Translation. It should show you a list of all things it discovered. Then, in Xbench, go Tools > Export QA Results, and select Excel in the file type.

Then, look in the Excel file and fix the issues
... See more
In Xbench, go Project > New. Then make sure the "Files" tab is open in the dialog (it should be), and drag-and-drop the SDLXLIFF file into it. Xbench will ask you to confirm the file type ("Trados Studio File"), so just click OK and OK again. Then, in Xbench, go Tools > Check Ongoing Translation. It should show you a list of all things it discovered. Then, in Xbench, go Tools > Export QA Results, and select Excel in the file type.

Then, look in the Excel file and fix the issues in Trados. Then redo these steps to create a new QA report (rinse and repeat). Once you're certain you fixed all issues, create a final QA report and send it to your client saying "they're all false positives".

(If you're working on a Trados project and not just a single file, the SDLXLIFF file is located in a folder with the target language code, which is a subfolder of the project's project folder.)

[Edited at 2022-12-02 12:46 GMT]
Collapse

Yossi Rozenman

H.W. Rin
H.W. Rin
Mexico
Local time: 00:12
Dutch to Frisian
+ ...
problem Jan 12

Hi, I get this error, what should I do?
¨there are no glossaries defined as ongoing translation or they have no segments¨

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:12
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
How to use Xbench Jan 13

Dear colleagues,

Please see these two presentations of mine, which should explain quite a bit about how to use Xbench:

https://www.aboutranslation.com/p/xbench-training.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to create a X-bench file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »