Thread poster: Inga Velikanova
Inga Velikanova
Inga Velikanova  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:07
English to Russian
Mar 10, 2023

Greetings,

I'm translating IT>EN, and Trados is changing the sequence of "day" and "month".

Can anyone share a tip on how to fix this?

I actually don't have this problem when doing EN>RU translations.

I'm grateful for any ideas!

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:07
English to Russian
Am En Mar 10, 2023

Most probably the target language of your TM is en-US. To avoid this behavior, you should use en-GB instead.

Also, you can try to uncheck the Date box in your TM settings (Project Settings - All lang pairs - TM and AT - select your TM in the list - Settings - Language Resources - Recognize: Dates). However, in this case Trados will not recognize dates. I am not sure what is less annoying for you: either swap day and month or not recognize dates at all.

[Edited at 2023-03-10 1
... See more
Most probably the target language of your TM is en-US. To avoid this behavior, you should use en-GB instead.

Also, you can try to uncheck the Date box in your TM settings (Project Settings - All lang pairs - TM and AT - select your TM in the list - Settings - Language Resources - Recognize: Dates). However, in this case Trados will not recognize dates. I am not sure what is less annoying for you: either swap day and month or not recognize dates at all.

[Edited at 2023-03-10 13:08 GMT]
Collapse

Inga Velikanova
Inga Velikanova  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:07
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Yes!!! Many thanks, Stepan! Mar 10, 2023

Stepan Konev wrote:

[Edited at 2023-03-10 12:50 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 22 - dates being reshuffled by Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »