Sara Galindo Álvarez
Sara Galindo Álvarez
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 29, 2023

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of false positives that are flagged by Trados's QA. Namely, in Spanish, we use a non-breaking space between figures and units, which the QA picks up as a extra number. See an example below:

Source: Tamis de 630cm² pour plus de stabilité et de précision.
Target: Tamiz de 630 cm² para una mayor estabilidad y precisión.

Error in QA: Extra number in target segment.

Thank you!

vinod sharma

vinod sharma
vinod sharma  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 21:24
English to Hindi
+ ...
In Hindi language, such False Positives are numerous. Mar 29, 2023

This has become a severe headache for all CAT tool users. There is no remedy for this problem. When the task is bigger the number of such QA errors is very high. This is not only with SDL trados, all CAT tools have the same issue.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:54
English to Russian
Three options Mar 29, 2023

You can try at least three options. In my target language, numbers and measurements behave the same way, 630cm² translates to 630°cм². I have the following settings that work for me (1 and 2):
(You can modify it either in Project Settings for your current project or in Options for your future projects.)
1. Project Settings/Options - Language Pairs - Specific Language Pair - Translation Memory and Automated Translation - Auto-substitution - Measurements - Always insert a non-break
... See more
You can try at least three options. In my target language, numbers and measurements behave the same way, 630cm² translates to 630°cм². I have the following settings that work for me (1 and 2):
(You can modify it either in Project Settings for your current project or in Options for your future projects.)
1. Project Settings/Options - Language Pairs - Specific Language Pair - Translation Memory and Automated Translation - Auto-substitution - Measurements - Always insert a non-breaking space between the number and the unit (This would insert a nbsp when you click Ctrl+, to pick up a suggestion).
2. Project Settings/Options - Verification - QA Checker 3.0 - Numbers - check the following two boxes: 'Check numbers' and 'Check measurements and currencies'. If you check only one of those boxes, you would receive an error message.
3. Alternatively you can uncheck both boxes in option 2 to ignore numbers and measurements for the QA purposes.
Collapse

Jorge Payan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

QA - numbers false positives

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »