How do I compile a report with corrected errors?
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Apr 14, 2023

In a translation project with locked segments I had to unlock these segments and correct errors. After this step I didn't lock the segments again.

Is there a way to compile a report that lists all corrected errors or to create a table with the original (locked) translations and my corrected segment translations?

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:13
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Did you use Track changes? Apr 17, 2023

I'm not sure if you can create a table with only the changed segments, but if you used Track changes, you can use Export for bilingual review. In the resulting Word file, the changes are visible.

Hans Lenting

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Tracked changes Apr 17, 2023

Renée van Bijsterveld wrote:

I'm not sure if you can create a table with only the changed segments, but if you used Track changes, you can use Export for bilingual review. In the resulting Word file, the changes are visible.

I didn't use them but I was thinking of this approach:

• Export the original sdlxliff to xlsx.
  • Export the new sdlxliff to xlsx.
  • Compare the target columns.

Renée van Bijsterveld

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Hans Apr 17, 2023

If you simply want to compare two SDLXLIFF files, try ChangeTracker. There is the new online version:
https://cloud.tqauditor.com/quick/upload (but I'm not sure if there are usage limitations)
...and there is an offline version that is no longer available for download. There was an original version in 2012-ish and a version 1.0.2 in 2013-ish. It generates a report, which you can th
... See more
If you simply want to compare two SDLXLIFF files, try ChangeTracker. There is the new online version:
https://cloud.tqauditor.com/quick/upload (but I'm not sure if there are usage limitations)
...and there is an offline version that is no longer available for download. There was an original version in 2012-ish and a version 1.0.2 in 2013-ish. It generates a report, which you can then export to Excel-aware XML.
Collapse

Hans Lenting

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
SDLXLIFF Compare does that Apr 17, 2023

Have you tried SDLXLIFF Compare? It produces an Excel file comparing two SDLXLIFF files. Available here for Studio 2021 and 22:

https://appstore.rws.com/Plugin/43

[Edited at 2023-04-17 12:26 GMT]

Sebastian Witte
expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I compile a report with corrected errors?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »