Is is possibile to import tmx files into Studio TMs with the current Studio 2022 freelance version?
Thread poster: Sara Carboni
Sara Carboni
Sara Carboni  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:26
Member (2007)
French to Italian
+ ...
Feb 13

Hello,
I am pondering buying the new Studio 2022 Freelance version but would like to make sure it is now possible to import Tmx files from other engines into new Studio TMs.
I tested that feature with last year's trial version and it would not work.
Any comment/advise/suggestion/information about your experience is welcome.

Thanks a lot!

Xanthippe
Xanthippe
France
Local time: 08:26
Member (2008)
Italian to French
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Install Migration and Installation PowerPack plugin Feb 13

Sara Carboni wrote:

Hello,
I am pondering buying the new Studio 2022 Freelance version but would like to make sure it is now possible to import Tmx files from other engines into new Studio TMs.
Any comment/advise/suggestion/information about your experience is welcome.

Thanks a lot!

Install Migration and Installation PowerPack plugin, then you can import TM in TMX format, convert them in sdltm format and use them with your files and projects.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:26
English to Russian
Import TMX Feb 13

Sara Carboni wrote:
That sounds weird. It works fine in all versions. Just create a new blank TM and import your TMX file into it. You don't need any special tools for that task.

From any TM view (Translation Memories view in the lower left corner, or Project Settings - Language Pairs - Translation Memory and Automated Translation, or Options - Language Pairs - Translation Memory and Automated Translation), select a TM and click Import. That's it.

Also try this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUPGMOj8Cz8

[Edited at 2024-02-13 19:55 GMT]

Wolfgang Schoene
Glyn Lloyd-Jones

Bahar Demirci
Bahar Demirci
Türkiye
yes it is possible Feb 14

Dear User,

You can easly import tmx file to TMs by using import option..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is is possibile to import tmx files into Studio TMs with the current Studio 2022 freelance version?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »