Anybody using BBEdit?
Thread poster: Jon Zuber (X)
Jon Zuber (X)
Jon Zuber (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 23, 2002

I\'ve just downloaded BBEdit Lite to use, among other things, as a text editor for translating. I usually start jobs by taking the original and doing as much as I can with search and replace, so I thought BBEdit might come in awfully handy. Does anyone have experience or tips to share?

Konstantin Lakshin
Konstantin Lakshin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:09
Member (2017)
English to Russian
+ ...
Some tips? Feb 25, 2002

BBEdit is a good tool.

a) you can save standard search-replace routines (kind of like macros);

b) when you run a search with \"find all\", BBEdit creates a concordance-style list of all occurences (this can be saved as a separate file, too; very handy if you are building a glossary);

c) you can run search-replace on multiple files, either in open windows or in a folder you have specified):

d) learn all you can about grep-searching - it may be far more use
... See more
BBEdit is a good tool.

a) you can save standard search-replace routines (kind of like macros);

b) when you run a search with \"find all\", BBEdit creates a concordance-style list of all occurences (this can be saved as a separate file, too; very handy if you are building a glossary);

c) you can run search-replace on multiple files, either in open windows or in a folder you have specified):

d) learn all you can about grep-searching - it may be far more useful than most TM-programs.

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anybody using BBEdit?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »