Masoud Kakouli Varnousfaderani
Masoud Kakouli Varnousfaderani  Identity Verified
Turecko
Local time: 17:38
Člen
angličtina -> perština (farsí)
+ ...
Jun 13, 2014

I was reading models of translation and I run into these two terms. I cannot understand what do they exalctly mean. Can you clarify the meaning of these two terms for me?

The linguistic and text linguistic models treat meaning differently. In the text-linguistic model, translation does not involve the transfers of meaning. It is, rather, the communicative values of the source text that are transferred. The term refers to the communicative contextualization of words and meanings in d
... See more
I was reading models of translation and I run into these two terms. I cannot understand what do they exalctly mean. Can you clarify the meaning of these two terms for me?

The linguistic and text linguistic models treat meaning differently. In the text-linguistic model, translation does not involve the transfers of meaning. It is, rather, the communicative values of the source text that are transferred. The term refers to the communicative contextualization of words and meanings in discourse. Communicative values are meaning composites seen entirely at a textual level and in communicative context.

I'd like to know, first of all, what are communicative values and more importantly how do they differ with meanings? Can you cite an example for it? Then, what is communicative contextualiztion of words and meanings? And again can you cite an example for communicative contextualiztion of words and meanings? A single example worths one hundred lines of definitions, I think.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderátor/moderátoři tohoto fóra
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Communicative values and communicative contextualiaztion

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »