Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 17:01
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 18, 2013

dear All,

Is there any smart way of processing Across projects in MemoQ?

I've been using MemoQ for almost 2 years now, and I'm a big fan. Previously I had used DV3/DVX for 9 years. I also have Trados, but only as a backup tool.

Now I've been offered a 25k job to be done in Across, but a quick googling suggests that traslators are not really fond of this tool. I haven't found any practical advice on how to handle Across projects in MemoQ (is it possible at
... See more
dear All,

I've been using MemoQ for almost 2 years now, and I'm a big fan. Previously I had used DV3/DVX for 9 years. I also have Trados, but only as a backup tool.

Now I've been offered a 25k job to be done in Across, but a quick googling suggests that traslators are not really fond of this tool. I haven't found any practical advice on how to handle Across projects in MemoQ (is it possible at all?)

thank you,
Csaba
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:01
French to Polish
+ ...
Server/local projects... TMX export... Jan 18, 2013

Csaba Ban wrote:

Now I've been offered a 25k job to be done in Across, but a quick googling suggests that traslators are not really fond of this tool. I haven't found any practical advice on how to handle Across projects in MemoQ (is it possible at all?)

AFAIK, if you have a server project, no way.
If you have a local project, copy source to target and export as TMX.
Some tools (e.g. like DVX) can translate TMX files directly but Im sure it's another workaround.

Cheers
GG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Processing Across projects in MemoQ

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »