Thread poster: Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:43
English to Italian
Jun 19, 2015

Hi,

I have googled and looked for an answer to this question on the forum before posting, but found nothing relevant.

I'm using MQ 2014 R2 at the moment, but I have always wondered if that was possible, even in previous versions, as this would seem a rather useful (and obvious) feature for QA checks, but I can't seem to be able to find a way to do it.

So, is it possible? And if not, was it implemented in 2015, or is it planned?

Thanks,
M
... See more
Hi,

I have googled and looked for an answer to this question on the forum before posting, but found nothing relevant.

I'm using MQ 2014 R2 at the moment, but I have always wondered if that was possible, even in previous versions, as this would seem a rather useful (and obvious) feature for QA checks, but I can't seem to be able to find a way to do it.

So, is it possible? And if not, was it implemented in 2015, or is it planned?

Thanks,
Mirko
Collapse

Stanislav Okhvat
Stanislav Okhvat
Local time: 14:43
English to Russian
Re: Auto propagation of ignored warnings/errors status in QA checks Jun 19, 2015

Hello, Mirko,

This was raised on memoQ Yahoo group and reported to Kilgray by SafeTex. Not only is there no propagation of warnings / error statuses, but also there is no auto-propagation of segments if you have several repetitions within the Resolve Errors and Warnings tab and you change and confirm one of them. I haven't heard whether this was fixed (I am on memoQ 2014 R2 too), but I suspect it hasn't because it was reported not long ago.

Best regards,
Stanisla
... See more
Hello, Mirko,

This was raised on memoQ Yahoo group and reported to Kilgray by SafeTex. Not only is there no propagation of warnings / error statuses, but also there is no auto-propagation of segments if you have several repetitions within the Resolve Errors and Warnings tab and you change and confirm one of them. I haven't heard whether this was fixed (I am on memoQ 2014 R2 too), but I suspect it hasn't because it was reported not long ago.

Best regards,
Stanislav Okhvat
Translator Tools – Useful tools for every translator
Collapse

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:43
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your reply, Stanislav. Jun 22, 2015

Too bad, I was hoping there might be some semi-hidden setting I had overlooked...

True, the Resolve errors and warnings view also lacks auto-propagation and, since we're at it, it also lacks an "Ignore all" option, which is also missing from the "Warnings" popup window within the translation tab (it would be useful, instead of having to click every single checkbox).

Well, given the rate at which they relentlessly release new versions, and the time they invest even on co
... See more
Too bad, I was hoping there might be some semi-hidden setting I had overlooked...

True, the Resolve errors and warnings view also lacks auto-propagation and, since we're at it, it also lacks an "Ignore all" option, which is also missing from the "Warnings" popup window within the translation tab (it would be useful, instead of having to click every single checkbox).

Well, given the rate at which they relentlessly release new versions, and the time they invest even on cosmetic changes, I certainly hope they'll also find the time to address this (hopefully sooner than later), since it would also have a direct impact on productivity (and in some cases, on frustration)...

Thanks again,
Mirko
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Auto propagation of ignored warnings/errors status in QA checks

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »