Heloisa Ferreira  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:36
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 16, 2015

Hello all,

I'm working on a project involving several files and one TM on MemoQ. Usually, I use the "pretranslate" command and then "Confirm and update" to confirm all 100 and 101% files. But this time, it won't confirm anything at all (I'm doing it manually, segment by segment).

What can be wrong? The pretranslate command worked out fine, there are several segments with 100 and 101% matches, but somehow the "Confirm and update" command won't work.

I'm rela
... See more
Hello all,

I'm working on a project involving several files and one TM on MemoQ. Usually, I use the "pretranslate" command and then "Confirm and update" to confirm all 100 and 101% files. But this time, it won't confirm anything at all (I'm doing it manually, segment by segment).

What can be wrong? The pretranslate command worked out fine, there are several segments with 100 and 101% matches, but somehow the "Confirm and update" command won't work.

I'm relatively new to MemoQ, so I wonder if I'm doing anything that may be causing this.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Collapse

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
Local time: 10:36
English to Russian
+ ...
Sort and confirm Aug 17, 2015

I'm not familiar with "Confirm and update" option, but I'm using the following option:

Click the "funnel" (sort option), then select STATUS, tick boxes with Single 100% match, Single 101% match and Multiple 100% or 101% match. Then you will see only these segments in the translation table.
Press Ctrl+A and Ctrl+Enter. Done, all 100% and 101% matches are confirmed.

But I usually select them one by one - only 101% match, then 100% match and then multiple macthes. Be
... See more
I'm not familiar with "Confirm and update" option, but I'm using the following option:

Click the "funnel" (sort option), then select STATUS, tick boxes with Single 100% match, Single 101% match and Multiple 100% or 101% match. Then you will see only these segments in the translation table.
Press Ctrl+A and Ctrl+Enter. Done, all 100% and 101% matches are confirmed.

But I usually select them one by one - only 101% match, then 100% match and then multiple macthes. Because I'm trying to review 100% matches more carefully then 101% matches.
Collapse

Manuel Arcedillo
Manuel Arcedillo
Spain
Local time: 10:36
English to Spanish
You can confirm during pre-translation Aug 17, 2015

Hi,

You can also confirm those segments during pre-translation via the options in the confirm/lock tab which appears after clicking on Pre-Translate. "Exact match" would confirm 100 and 101 (and 102%), while "Exact match with context" would confirm 101 and 102, but not 100%. In the "Status change" section you would need to set the option "translator confirmed".

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:36
English to Russian
Confirm/lock Aug 17, 2015

In Pre-translate window, go to Confirm/lock tab. Check 'Exact match' and 'New status: confirmed'

Heloisa Ferreira
Heloisa Ferreira  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:36
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Aug 17, 2015

Thank you so much, everyone! Problem solved!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't confirm 100 and 101% matches in MemoQ

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »