Richard Purdom
Richard Purdom  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:28
Dutch to English
+ ...
Aug 24, 2015

Help!

After memoQ crashed (not uncommon) I restarted my computer - however, the lists of all local and cloud-based TMs / TBs no longer appears. These are all present in the Program Data folder, but how can I access them?

NB the TMs/TBs are listed in Program Data, but memoQ says it can't find them and they 'may have been deleted'; but they haven't...

[Edited at 2015-08-24 09:00 GMT]

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
Local time: 11:28
English to Russian
+ ...
Register local Aug 24, 2015

Find REGISTER LOCAL option in the Translation memory tab. And specify the path to your TM on the hard drive. One by one.

You can find location of your offline TM by means of Windows search

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:28
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Found them all at once Aug 24, 2015

Mikhail Popov wrote:

Find REGISTER LOCAL option in the Translation memory tab. And specify the path to your TM on the hard drive. One by one.

I've had this happen to me a couple of times recently, but once one TM has been registered locally memoQ seemed to find all the rest at once. Good thing, too, because I have hundreds of TMs.

The same thing happened with TBs.

Richard Purdom
Richard Purdom  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:28
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 24, 2015

Mikhail Popov wrote:

Great, thanks Mikhail. Although I do seem to have lost the TB I was using, the rest is back.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lists of Translation memories / Term bases disappeared

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »