Can I have the TM, termbase, corpora and muses in the same folder as the project folder in MemoQ?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 04:45
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Dec 4, 2016

Can I have the TM, termbase, corpora and muses in the same folder as the project folder in MemoQ?

I'm going through the guide MemoQ 6 in quick steps now (I have MemoQ 2015 Translator Pro, but this seems to be the best guide even though it's outdated), and have some problems with the first step to setup the folder structure and make the initial settings correctly.

I've used SDL Trados Studio since version 2009 until the current version that was just released, version 201
... See more

I'm going through the guide MemoQ 6 in quick steps now (I have MemoQ 2015 Translator Pro, but this seems to be the best guide even though it's outdated), and have some problems with the first step to setup the folder structure and make the initial settings correctly.

I've used SDL Trados Studio since version 2009 until the current version that was just released, version 2017, and it works very well with the folder structure I have for that CAT tool:

One folder structure for the files that are generated by SDL Trados Studio with a search path close to the root folder, and then another folder structure for the files I receive when accepting a project, which is dated and under heading folders such as year and customer's name.

The default folder structure for MemoQ seems to be separating the project from the TM, termbase, corpora and muses, but I'd like everything collected in the same folder (the project folder for the customer). How can I achieve this?

(By the way, what do they mean with muses and corpora?)

I have created this folder structure now for the MemoQ generated files:

D:\Data files\MemoQ 2015\ under which I have these folders on the same level:

Corpora
Muses
Projects
Resources
Temp
Termbases
Translation memories

The problem now for me seems that I cannot change names on others' server projects. And I will be working with mostly one client that always uses only MemoQ for server projects where I will have to connect to their server for each project. Will this ruin my above folder structure, or can I at least choose folder path until above local location "Projects" and everything from the server is put there?

Otherwise, what is the best way to handle server projects in terms of manageability and overview all the time of the files and documents?

[Edited at 2016-12-04 07:48 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »