Vito Smolej
Германия
Local time: 00:52
Член ProZ.com c 2004
английский => словенский
+ ...
ЛОКАЛИЗАТОР САЙТА
Aug 18, 2005

How am I to convince Word to keep the original segment at the top of the page? Right now it just scrolls it away, positioning the empty target segment to the top.

So stupid - and I knew already how to make Word behave. Just don't remember anymore right now.

TiA

smo

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Член ProZ.com c 2005
английский => чешский
+ ...
Work in the "Normal" view Aug 18, 2005

Unless you really need the "Print Layout," working with Trados in Word's normal view is usually better - among others, the "feature" which you are referring to is eliminated (or rather does not bother you since the margins are not displayed).

Antonin

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Германия
Член ProZ.com c 2003
польский => немецкий
+ ...
It depends on what happens Aug 18, 2005

If you have a segment on page end and after opening the source is on previous page, but the target goes to the new one, you could format the target paragraph and the separating paragraph between source and target so, that they will be kept with the following paragraph. Then you have them all on one page.
In case the target is splitted between pages, you will also need to format the target paragraph to keep the lines together. I have set this formats on keyboard shortcuts, as I use them ver
... See more
If you have a segment on page end and after opening the source is on previous page, but the target goes to the new one, you could format the target paragraph and the separating paragraph between source and target so, that they will be kept with the following paragraph. Then you have them all on one page.
In case the target is splitted between pages, you will also need to format the target paragraph to keep the lines together. I have set this formats on keyboard shortcuts, as I use them very often when using Word in "normal" way (means without Trados). After closing the segment all this formatting is gone and the document behaves as before.

I do not like to switch to the normal view, as all graphics elements (and this includes TEXT BOXES!) are hidden.

Regards
Jeerzy
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Германия
Член ProZ.com c 2004
английский => словенский
+ ...
Автор темы
ЛОКАЛИЗАТОР САЙТА
Solution: dont use print layout Aug 18, 2005

antonin_1955 wrote:
Unless you really need the "Print Layout," working with Trados in Word's normal view is usually better ...
Antonin

Bingo!

Djekujem pekne... Btw, what Jerzy is saying about reasons for the Print layout is of course valid, but at least I know now how to switch.

Thanks to him as well!

smo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

word hides the original

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »