Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
The Queen’s English Society announces plans to set up an Academy of English

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "The Queen’s English Society announces plans to set up an Academy of English".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

David Wright
David Wright  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 20:54
German to English
+ ...
Angela_ brilliant Jun 28, 2010

I always thougth sex was what people had on the side and gender was the basis on which they chose the person with whom to have sex. According to the QE crowd, sex is the basis on which people choose the person with whom to have sex.

It's like shooting ducks in a pond, isn't it!

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not so much Queen's English as English Queens Jun 28, 2010

I reckon what good ole Freddy meant by the band's name was his personal persuasion, not regality. And before all the humphing and puffing and blowing starts, I'm a big Queen fan, like nearly everyone. Come to think of it, that second sentence is dodgier than the first if anything.

Mervyn

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Queen’s English Society announces plans to set up an Academy of English

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »