Welsh translation services for community councils could be among the first casualties of cost-cutting measures

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Welsh translation services for community councils could be among the first casualties of cost-cutting measures".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 17:56
English to Thai
+ ...
Cost cutting in Europe Aug 4, 2010

I understand that the recent economic trouble of EU makes European countries to tighten the public budgets. As a freelance translator, I feel it strongly affects our career since rare job orders are given by those countries. In previous years, I did many European jobs even under the Hamburger crisis. Now I see few the EU public job postings.

I expect opinion from European translator colleagues.

Best regards,

Soonthon L.

Hilary Wilson
Hilary Wilson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:56
English to French
+ ...
Health professional meetings in Wales Aug 4, 2010

Very difficult to bite my lips when I have attended so many meetings conducted in Welsh, where the non-Welsh families felt excluded, and where the interpreter was not versed in the topic and misinterpreted, and where we would then all converse in English over coffee....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Welsh translation services for community councils could be among the first casualties of cost-cutting measures

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »