More translation jobs set for foreign wives in Korea

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "More translation jobs set for foreign wives in Korea".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 22:54
English to Thai
+ ...
Aspects of native language translator/Interpretator living oversea Aug 10, 2010

I remember I had disputes with some Thai translators living oversea (mostly wives of local citizens) due to some non-standard localization of documents. The cause is that, a native speaker living oversea can lack certain aspect of current language usage e.g. new idioms in the home country. Some Thai legal translators living in Europe used weird terms and also reviewed my translations wrongly. They can offer service at host time zone and many agencies want it (and translator in home country canno... See more
I remember I had disputes with some Thai translators living oversea (mostly wives of local citizens) due to some non-standard localization of documents. The cause is that, a native speaker living oversea can lack certain aspect of current language usage e.g. new idioms in the home country. Some Thai legal translators living in Europe used weird terms and also reviewed my translations wrongly. They can offer service at host time zone and many agencies want it (and translator in home country cannot) even the recent language skills are insufficient.

Korean translation service of wives of foreigners can have such problem, I guess.

Best regards,

Soonthon L.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

More translation jobs set for foreign wives in Korea

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »