Thread poster: mutarjem
Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:39
English to Italian
+ ...
Tamara De Lempicka exhibition May 14, 2011

Should you get tired of ancient ruins and baroque churches, there is a breathtaking exhibition of Tamara De Lempicka's artwork.
The exhibition is set in the Vittoriano Museum Complex, Piazza Venezia (close to the Forum)

http://www.delempicka.org/exhibitions/2011-rome.html

Enjoy your tour!

[Edited at 2011-05-14 16:47 GMT]

mutarjem
mutarjem  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:39
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
let us agree on the time for now May 15, 2011

Ok my friends,

What do you think, should 9 am be an excellent time to meet at the Congressi Hotel Lobby and we can take it from there? I think that would be ideal.

I will put a red rose in my jacket, in case you dont know me!! hehehehe, I guess you all know me, I am easy to detect!!!

Sam

AllisonK (X)
AllisonK (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
sounds great Sameh! May 15, 2011

mutarjem wrote:

Ok my friends,

What do you think, should 9 am be an excellent time to meet at the Congressi Hotel Lobby and we can take it from there? I think that would be ideal.

I will put a red rose in my jacket, in case you dont know me!! hehehehe, I guess you all know me, I am easy to detect!!!

Sam

I would recognize you on a crowded street in Rome, so definitely in the lobby of the hotel!

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Excellent, Now Plan is confirmed May 15, 2011

Ok everybody,

Plan is now confirmed.

1. We meet at the Congressi Hotel, at 9 am, we form the group and we head wherever we want.
2. Allison or Hirstina can post their telephone number here if they wish (as I still dont have an Italian chip) so that Stefano can easily locate us lateron (We miss you Stefano, long time my friend).

For the rest of the team, please confirm you will join us on Friday morning inshallah.

God bless you all, and I
... See more
Ok everybody,

Plan is now confirmed.

1. We meet at the Congressi Hotel, at 9 am, we form the group and we head wherever we want.
2. Allison or Hirstina can post their telephone number here if they wish (as I still dont have an Italian chip) so that Stefano can easily locate us lateron (We miss you Stefano, long time my friend).

For the rest of the team, please confirm you will join us on Friday morning inshallah.

God bless you all, and I cant wait till we meet and enjoy a really good time together.

Sam
Collapse

Laureana Pavon
Laureana Pavon  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 16:39
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...

Not staying at the conference hotel May 15, 2011

I will not be staying at the conference hotel but near Termini.
I am still unsure whether I will be able to join you on Friday Morning, but, in case I can do you think we could arrange to meet somewhere else?
Maybe one of you can send me your mobile number privately so we can connect.
Thanks!
Laureana

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
sure phone numbers May 15, 2011

Hi Allison, Hirstina,

We have to find a common telephone number that we can all contact for situations like this, and we need also to maintain privacy of the phone number, so let me know your best thoughts on how to share this! Perhaps we can share this by emails. What do you think? I would have left mine, but the problem is that I dont yet know how I shall use my mobile in Italy, but I guess I will make it through the Roaming service.

Sameh

corinne durand
corinne durand  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:39
English to French
+ ...
Great idea, can I join later May 16, 2011

Hello,
I would love to be able to join you but I would not be able to meet at the hotel at 9. Could a second meeting point/time be arranged in Rome a bit later, I should be able to meet you around noon?
Many thanks in anticipation,
Corinne

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
We need to decide on a communication Tel Number ASAP May 16, 2011

Dear Corinne,

Sure you can contact us by phone and we can arrange to meet you at a certain point to be agreed upon. Let me see with the guys what telephone number we can use for this purpose. Please do send me another email later today to remind me, as if we are a large group that would indeed be better, safer and more fun and will allow for more socializing and getting to know each others well.

Allison, any news about figuring out this communication telephone number
... See more
Dear Corinne,

Sure you can contact us by phone and we can arrange to meet you at a certain point to be agreed upon. Let me see with the guys what telephone number we can use for this purpose. Please do send me another email later today to remind me, as if we are a large group that would indeed be better, safer and more fun and will allow for more socializing and getting to know each others well.

Allison, any news about figuring out this communication telephone number that we can all use to get in touch with those who want to join us? Perhaps Daniela can help too!

Any ideas Daniela?

Sam
Collapse

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Allison's phone number May 16, 2011

Dear Colleagues,

Allison gave me her phone number in Italy, so you can contact me by email and I shall give it to you, so that we can have an anchor point for those who will join us later.

Make sure you get plenty of sleep and rest for the sightseeing, and also for my workshop which will be on Sunday 11:30 am. I have done my best to include as many tips and tricks as possible to improve and streamline of translation, DTP and project management related daily tasks. I wo
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

Allison gave me her phone number in Italy, so you can contact me by email and I shall give it to you, so that we can have an anchor point for those who will join us later.

Make sure you get plenty of sleep and rest for the sightseeing, and also for my workshop which will be on Sunday 11:30 am. I have done my best to include as many tips and tricks as possible to improve and streamline of translation, DTP and project management related daily tasks. I would say you will miss a lot if you miss it!! Join us soon.

Cheers from the sunny and Free Egypt.

Sameh
Collapse

Irene (Renata) Liapis
Irene (Renata) Liapis  Identity Verified
Greece
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Hi and question May 16, 2011

Hi everyone- I am flying in from Athens in the afternoon so I could probably meet you before you leave for the pow pow. I will email Sameh for the phone number and hopefully we'll be able to meet.
Looking forward to it!

Stefano Gubian
Stefano Gubian  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Meeting point proposal May 17, 2011

Hi all,

I will join you in the afternoon. I found the business card that Allison gave me in Prague, so I think I have her mobile number (if in the meantime she has not changed it!).

Why don't we define a meeting point for Friday afternoon, something around 3.00 p.m.?

Piazza del Pantheon could be good place. It's easy to find and reach, and, if my memory is right, it' full of cafes and places to sit and have a coffee or a soft drink.

A nice plac
... See more
Hi all,

I will join you in the afternoon. I found the business card that Allison gave me in Prague, so I think I have her mobile number (if in the meantime she has not changed it!).

Why don't we define a meeting point for Friday afternoon, something around 3.00 p.m.?

Piazza del Pantheon could be good place. It's easy to find and reach, and, if my memory is right, it' full of cafes and places to sit and have a coffee or a soft drink.

A nice place for the first pre- preconference pow-wow!

Looking forward to see you all!

Stefano
Collapse

AllisonK (X)
AllisonK (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
sorry, sorry, sorry! May 17, 2011

I have been busy preparing to leave for Rome (I arrive tomorrow! But don't expect me to know my way around Rome so well that I can give you guys a tour!), and forgot to check back on the Forum about this.
You should be able to see my mobile number on my profile page (I just checked and it is visible) - and yes Stefano, it's still the same one on the card I gave you in Prague!
Let's all do a sun dance so we have beautif
... See more
I have been busy preparing to leave for Rome (I arrive tomorrow! But don't expect me to know my way around Rome so well that I can give you guys a tour!), and forgot to check back on the Forum about this.
You should be able to see my mobile number on my profile page (I just checked and it is visible) - and yes Stefano, it's still the same one on the card I gave you in Prague!
Let's all do a sun dance so we have beautiful weather for Friday!
Looking forward to meeting new people and seeing old friends!
Best,
Allison
Collapse

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
See you at 9 am May 17, 2011

Ok inshallah, we all meet at 9 am at the congressi hotel, and we decide where to go together, and arrange with the others via phone as to where to meet the rest.

Safe trip, Safe flight to everyone.

God bless you all.

Sameh

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Weather Forecast May 17, 2011

Hello Everbody,

I have a subscription in WindGuru and thought I might share some weather news with you all:

Friday 20 May:
8 am 18 C
11 am 22 C
20 pm 17 C
23 pm 11 C

Saturday 21 May

19, 23, 11 C

Sunday 22 May

19, 25, 24, 15 C at 23 pm

Perhaps Daniela can advise us whether we need Jackets or not! How heavy should the Jacket be, etc.

S
... See more
Hello Everbody,

I have a subscription in WindGuru and thought I might share some weather news with you all:

Friday 20 May:
8 am 18 C
11 am 22 C
20 pm 17 C
23 pm 11 C

Saturday 21 May

19, 23, 11 C

Sunday 22 May

19, 25, 24, 15 C at 23 pm

Perhaps Daniela can advise us whether we need Jackets or not! How heavy should the Jacket be, etc.

Sameh
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Will join you the early afternoon May 17, 2011

I can join you around 3 pm; my plane arrives at Fiumicino at 12:20, and the red-carpet and champagne reception that Daniela is surely up to, I will drop my baggage at the conference hotel to head to the city. A fixed meeting point and time, like Stefano suggested, would be great.
Alternatively, Allison can report on twitter about your whereabouts "Friday live fuzzy match in the Colosseum! John Di Rico (in Wordfast blue) has just avoided a nasty roundhouse kick from Bruno Ciola (in SDL gree
... See more
I can join you around 3 pm; my plane arrives at Fiumicino at 12:20, and the red-carpet and champagne reception that Daniela is surely up to, I will drop my baggage at the conference hotel to head to the city. A fixed meeting point and time, like Stefano suggested, would be great.
Alternatively, Allison can report on twitter about your whereabouts "Friday live fuzzy match in the Colosseum! John Di Rico (in Wordfast blue) has just avoided a nasty roundhouse kick from Bruno Ciola (in SDL green)..."

Cheers,
Attila
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Rome Conference Sightseeing: Friday Morning til Powow time

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »