Thread poster: mutarjem
mutarjem
mutarjem  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:13
English to Arabic
+ ...
May 10, 2011

Dear colleagues,

I look forward to meeting all of you in Rome. For those of you who will arrive on Thursday or early Friday morning, perhaps we can form a group and do some sightseeing to some famous places in Rome and make use of the Friday morning, then we can head to the Powow on time. If you like this idea, perhaps we can arrange together here.

You can email me your
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I look forward to meeting all of you in Rome. For those of you who will arrive on Thursday or early Friday morning, perhaps we can form a group and do some sightseeing to some famous places in Rome and make use of the Friday morning, then we can head to the Powow on time. If you like this idea, perhaps we can arrange together here.

You can email me your plans too.

Sameh Ragab
[email protected]

All the best from sunny and free Cairo.
Collapse

Hristina Dojčinova
Hristina Dojčinova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:13
English to Macedonian
+ ...
I am IN May 11, 2011

Dear Sam,

Thanks for the initiative

I am arriving very early on Friday (@8am) and I had exactly the same plan in mind.

Let us see how many people are interested and we'll sketch the agenda.

Greetings from Skopje "under const
... See more
Dear Sam,

I am arriving very early on Friday (@8am) and I had exactly the same plan in mind.

Greetings from Skopje "under construction" - here's more info:

http://www.euronews.net/2011/05/05/the-changing-face-of-skopje/?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4dc9ccd9ef5e1037,0

Hristina
Collapse

Monika Hamernikova
Monika Hamernikova
Czech Republic
Local time: 08:13
Member (2002)
English to Czech
+ ...
Why not May 11, 2011

I am also arriving earlier (already on Wednesday evening) and a little sightseeing is in my schedule too. But I am not much crazy about seeing everything from the ancient Rome in one day, but rather prefer enjoying "la dolce vita" in such beautiful places:)

Monika

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Excellent Hristina, long time no talk!! We missed you. May 11, 2011

Excellent Hristina,

You have my email address so let us plan something together inshallah to make perfect use of Friday morning and all day till the Powow.

Sam

[email protected]

Please do email me.

Hristina Dojčinova wrote:

Dear Sam,

Greetings from Skopje "under construction" - here's more info:

http://www.euronews.net/2011/05/05/the-changing-face-of-skopje/?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4dc9ccd9ef5e1037,0

Hristina

Laureana Pavon
Laureana Pavon  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 03:13
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...

Sightseeing May 11, 2011

I think it's a great idea! My friend Alejandra and I will be arriving on Thursday and would love to do some sightseeing on Friday.

We won't be staying at the event hotel, but can easily catch up with you if we specify a meeting place.

Looking forward to meeting you!

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
let us arrange for that then May 11, 2011

Great then,

Let us have a plan and agree on a time where we can meet in the morning and set sails. I would say the best thing is to meet at the conference hotel, and then head from there to any place we want to go.

You can contact me by email.

Sam Ragab
[email protected]

Alejandra Pérez
Alejandra Pérez  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 03:13
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
An excellent idea May 11, 2011

I agree. I think it is an excellent idea to plan something to do together on Friday, before de Powwow. I'm really interested. Thank you for idea.

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great, the number is increasing May 11, 2011

Excellent, let us then share ideas on where to go and once we have a plan, we can agree on the time where we can meet and set sails.

I normally dont impose my own thoughts, so let us think of the famous places or the most memorable ones in Rome that are considered a must see, and plan accordingly. I believe taking photos there is something we all love, so let us plan for those really famous places. I am all open to your ideas and suggestions.

Sam

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
itineraries May 11, 2011

Hello!
you can find some good suggestions for sightseeing itineraries at http://www.rome.info/itineraries/
These suggested intineraries for Rome are available for download as mp3 audio walking tour from walki-talki.com.

Other suggestions available on the official tourist website
... See more
Hello!
you can find some good suggestions for sightseeing itineraries at http://www.rome.info/itineraries/
These suggested intineraries for Rome are available for download as mp3 audio walking tour from walki-talki.com.

Other suggestions available on the official tourist website
- Rome in 2 days http://en.turismoroma.it/scoprire_roma/roma_in_due_giorni
- Rome in 4 days http://en.turismoroma.it/scoprire_roma/roma_in_quattro_giorni
- Rome's seaside http://en.turismoroma.it/scoprire_roma/il_mare_di_roma

A presto,
D.
Collapse

AllisonK (X)
AllisonK (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
Count me in (probably)! May 12, 2011

Hi all, and great to 'hear' from you!
I am trying to organize a tour for myself on Thursday with a guide someone recommended to me, but if that doesn't work out (or even if it does!), I would love to join you all.
I'm staying at the conference hotel, so if you guys give me a time to meet there, that would be great!
Looking SO forward to this conference and to seeing Rome again for the first time in (gulp) almost 30 years!
Allison

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How can a tour be a tour without Allison!! May 12, 2011

Alison my dear friend,

How can this be a tour without you??? We must inshallah have you with us, so please assure us you shall come with us. I am sure we shall have a great time again as we did in Prague, remember the Apple Strudel?

Awaiting your confirmation and let us indeed plan for a tour using the links provided by Daniela above. I am currently busy with a 100000 project for the UN that I hope to be able to finish before I leave to Rome, so I am counting on you and
... See more
Alison my dear friend,

How can this be a tour without you??? We must inshallah have you with us, so please assure us you shall come with us. I am sure we shall have a great time again as we did in Prague, remember the Apple Strudel?

Awaiting your confirmation and let us indeed plan for a tour using the links provided by Daniela above. I am currently busy with a 100000 project for the UN that I hope to be able to finish before I leave to Rome, so I am counting on you and Hirstina to arrange for something and we can all meet at the conference hotel in the morning.

So looking forward to it.

Sameh
Collapse

Hristina Dojčinova
Hristina Dojčinova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:13
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Rome Reunion :) May 13, 2011

Great Sam!
Good luck with your project!
And come on Allison, 30 years is not that long ago...!
Looking forward to meeting everybody else
Hristina

AllisonK (X)
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
you guys are so funny! May 13, 2011

Well, I have received confirmation about my tour on Thursday, so now that I know that, I know I will be joining you on Friday!
I looked at the itineraries and they look great - we can discuss what we do that morning - Although Rome wasn't built in a day and we really only have one day to see it, we'll have to make the most of it!
Really looking forward to seeing everyone again!
Allison

Stefano Gubian
Stefano Gubian  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
May I join you all in the afternoon? May 13, 2011

Hi Alison, Sam and all the others.

I'm arriving in Rome on Friday early in the afternoon. Just give me the time to go the conference hotel, drop my trolley, and I can reach you somewhere.

It should not be difficult to find some easy to find place where we can meet.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Stefano

AllisonK (X)
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
Oh I don't know Stefano... May 14, 2011

Stefano Gubian wrote:

Hi Alison, Sam and all the others.

I'm arriving in Rome on Friday early in the afternoon. Just give me the time to go the conference hotel, drop my trolley, and I can reach you somewhere.

It should not be difficult to find some easy to find place where we can meet.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Stefano

I figure I'd leave it at sharing a taxi with you in Prague - isn't that enough?))
I'm just kidding! Of course you may join us - I think I gave you my card in Prague, so give me a call on my mobile and we'll try to connect with you from wherever we are!
Safe travels and see you next week!
Allison

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Rome Conference Sightseeing: Friday Morning til Powow time

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »