John Fossey  Identity Verified
كندا
Local time: 03:51
عضو (2008)
فرنسي إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
Classic overpayment May 16, 2013

domillette wrote:

Now he is asking me if I got payment... I haven't sent him anything and in the "contract" he sent me, payment in full was to be on completion of the project.

I saw somewhere it's best to ignore these people and not reply?

This isn't curious at all. Next he'll apologize for sending the payment, ask you to cash it and return a portion - an "accidental overpayment" beyond what he meant to pay you. Later on you'll find the payment is a forgery and if you complied with his request you'll be left holding the bag.

It's a classic.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
ألمانيا
Local time: 09:51
عضو (2009)
أنجليزي إلى ألماني
+ ...
Your reputation May 17, 2013

John Fossey wrote:

Next he'll apologize for sending the payment, ask you to cash it and return a portion - an "accidental overpayment" beyond what he meant to pay you. Later on you'll find the payment is a forgery and if you complied with his request you'll be left holding the bag.

It's a classic.

Exactly. And then your reputation will be tarnished on the account of forgery.

صفحات الموضوع:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

مشرفو هذا المنتدى
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Seems very fishy but I want feedback

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »