Poll: How do you handle client demands for lower tech-driven rates?
Penulis thread: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
STAF SITUS
Sep 1

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How do you handle client demands for lower tech-driven rates?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugis
Local time: 09:18
Anggota sejak (2007)
Inggris ke Portugis
+ ...
N/A Sep 1

No need to educate my clients. I reckon they know what my stance would be if they asked me to lower my rates as they have been with me for a long time. That’s probably why it’s never happened. Of course, some have dropped me when I’ve occasionally raised my prices. Recently, two regular clients have started asking for PEMT rather than translation, and both pay by the hour.

Sabrina Ciserchia
Philip Lees
 
Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
Yunani
Local time: 11:18
Yunani ke Inggris
Never Sep 2

I have never encountered such demands. If I did, I would ignore them.

In fact, any client who "demands" anything is likely to become an ex-client. I do not consider demands to be a part of a professional business relationship.


Li-Hsiang Hsu
Maria Laura Curzi
Daryo
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

(Para) moderator forum ini
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you handle client demands for lower tech-driven rates?






PerfectIt
Check translations faster for consistency, quality and style guide compliance

PerfectIt helps professional translators deliver error-free documents in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. It helps improve consistency, ensure quality, and enforce style guides. ProZ members receive a 30% discount off individual purchases of PerfectIt.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »