Assyrians translators needed - Top prices
Penulis thread: Thierry LOTTE
Thierry LOTTE
Thierry LOTTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:24
Anggota sejak (2001)
Inggris ke Prancis
+ ...
Nov 21, 2005

Believe it or not but I have just received the following proposal by e-mail :



Dear Translators,
We are in very urgent need for an assyrian translator to translate one
paragraph of about 75 words for 25 US$. Payment prompt on delivery via
moneybookers.com.
This job will trigger higher volume assignments.
Looking forward to hear from yo... See more
Believe it or not but I have just received the following proposal by e-mail :



Dear Translators,
We are in very urgent need for an assyrian translator to translate one
paragraph of about 75 words for 25 US$. Payment prompt on delivery via
moneybookers.com.
This job will trigger higher volume assignments.
Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Kindest regards



This give you an average price of 3 US cents per word...
▲ Collapse


 
Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Swiss
Local time: 07:24
Spanyol ke Italia
+ ...
Incredible! Nov 21, 2005

Thierry LOTTE wrote:

Believe it or not but I have just received the following proposal by e-mail :



Dear Translators,
We are in very urgent need for an assyrian translator to translate one
paragraph of about 75 words for 25 US$. Payment prompt on delivery via
moneybookers.com.
This job will trigger higher volume assignments.
Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Kindest regards



This give you an average price of 3 US cents per word...



WOW That's a good offer indeed!

I had an Assyrian grammar once, but it's really out of my aspirations... too difficult! I have enough with Latin and Greek

Hugs,
Flavio


 
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
Inggris
Local time: 06:24
Inggris ke Italia
+ ...
a better one... Nov 21, 2005

the other day, German agency paying 50 euro for 2000 words en>it... I make it 0.025 euro/word... from a German agency!!!

Giovanni


 
Amancio Iglesias
Amancio Iglesias
Local time: 07:24
Inggris ke Spanyol
+ ...
mathematics Nov 21, 2005

Thierry LOTTE wrote:

Believe it or not but I have just received the following proposal by e-mail :



Dear Translators,
We are in very urgent need for an assyrian translator to translate one
paragraph of about 75 words for 25 US$. Payment prompt on delivery via
moneybookers.com.
This job will trigger higher volume assignments.
Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Kindest regards



This give you an average price of 3 US cents per word...



not wanting to sound picky about this, but the rate would rather be 33 cents per word, 3 words for one dollar!

I thought Assyrian was long time gone, is there anybody who can actually work with this language?


 
Grace Anderson
Grace Anderson
Italia
Local time: 07:24
Italia ke Inggris
surely 75 words for 25 dollars is 33 cents per word Nov 21, 2005

- not 3 cents per word. But I don't see anything strange about it. I'd want a minimum price of 33+ cents per word in my language pair for a 75 word translation (one-off job with new customer). Otherwise, and in fact even for 25 dollars, it would not be worth my while spending the time to set up an account and issue an invoice (and follow up payment, probably). For 25 bucks, who's got the time? Ask me to do 10,000 words at that price and I'll make you a good offer!

 
Thierry LOTTE
Thierry LOTTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:24
Anggota sejak (2001)
Inggris ke Prancis
+ ...
TOPIK PERMULAAN
Very keen in Maths indeed Nov 21, 2005

Right !
That makes 33 cents per word.

I hope that I am a better translator than mathematician...


 
therecouldbe
therecouldbe
Inggris
Yes there is Nov 6, 2007



not wanting to sound picky about this, but the rate would rather be 33 cents per word, 3 words for one dollar!

I thought Assyrian was long time gone, is there anybody who can actually work with this language?


there's still 6 million of us worldwide


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Assyrians translators needed - Top prices






PerfectIt
Check translations faster for consistency, quality and style guide compliance

PerfectIt helps professional translators deliver error-free documents in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. It helps improve consistency, ensure quality, and enforce style guides. ProZ members receive a 30% discount off individual purchases of PerfectIt.

More info »
Draftsmith
Edit Translations Faster With Affordable AI You Can Trust

Draftsmith is an affordable AI editing tool for busy translators. It works directly in Microsoft Word, supporting the way you work ProZ members receive a 20% discount on a single user subscription of Draftsmith.

More info »